When we checked reviews for QuickBooks, we noted that the parent company’s (Intuit) overall online reputation isn’t as favorable. For example, it received 1.2 out of five stars on Trustpilot after 529 user reviews. Common complaints included software glitches and customer service issues. However, QuickBooks Payroll, on its own, received better ratings with 4.5 out of five stars on Capterra across more than 800 reviews. If you’re paying for QuickBooks Payroll’s Premium or Elite plan, you can contact customer support 24/7 by phone or online chat. However, if you’re using the Core plan, your support window is only 6 a.m.
If you need more mobility than this locally-installed software offers, you can sign up for the QuickBooks Gold with cloud access packages. You can calculate how much your QuickBooks Enterprise software will cost on the Intuit website by inputting the number of users you need. (To give you an idea of how much this price fluctuates, one user on the Silver plan would cost $1,340/year, while 30 users would cost upwards of $7,076/year). Luckily, Intuit is often running promotions and discounts on the Intuit website. QuickBooks Premier has almost all of the same potential additional fees as QuickBooks Pro, with a few minor variations in cost.
Test drive QuickBooks
If you’re not sure whether you’re getting the most of these features, consider asking your accountant to review your chart of accounts and how you’re categorizing transactions. QuickBooks Online is not free https://www.bookstime.com/ to use, but new customers can choose between a 30-day free trial or a 50% discount for three months. Competitors like Xero and FreshBooks offer basic inventory tracking for less, but it isn’t as advanced.
And there is no better software to help you do that than the QuickBooks software. With the three different reports, you can capitalise on the information by strategising better to scale your business. And by knowing the scope of your business, you’ll know what you how does quickbooks work can do better to increase your profits. As a result, it becomes easier to not only track your expenses but also categorise and download all the compounded data. With such capability, QuickBooks allows you to track your cash and also check your transactions.
For an added fee, you can add payroll to the online subscription plan. QuickBooks Payroll is a great choice if you already use QuickBooks Online and are looking for payroll software that will make your life just a little easier. Although it’s designed for businesses with up to 50 employees or contractors, it can accommodate up to 150 workers. The software integrates directly with QuickBooks Online, can run payroll automatically and offers same-day or next-day direct deposits. Three plan offerings mean businesses can upgrade as they grow and require more services.
- QuickBooks users can invite an accountant to view their books, and QuickBooks Desktop users are able to export an accountant copy and import any changes the accountant has made to their file.
- You will have to choose between the promotion or the free trial in this case.
- Once done, QuickBooks tracks your bills and expenses automatically.
- QuickBooks has its own payroll function that can calculate and run payroll as often as you need automatically.
- Although QuickBooks Online is user-friendly, there can be a learning curve, particularly if you’re unfamiliar with the basic principles of accounting.
- QuickBooks also offers both a desktop version for a fixed fee and an online version accessible through your web browser, tablet, or smartphone for a monthly or yearly subscription.